Colorado River to Moab Itinerary
Colorado River to Moab 3-day Canoe Trips (general itinerary)
Here’s a sample itinerary at a glance…it may vary depending on your individual guide.
- Day 1: Meet your guide staff in Moab, UT, at Aarchway Inn. After enjoying a continental breakfast & packing your dry bags, you will be shuttled to the Dewey Bridge put-in located 30 miles north of Moab.
- Once the boats are loaded, you will participate in a safety talk and paddling instructions before launching. Shortly after launching, you will begin paddling through the towering red sandstone walls of Bull Canyon.
- Paddle downriver until approximately noon and enjoy lunch on the rivers edge maybe catching a glimpse of area wildlife or learn about some of the river’s geology & history from your guides.
- After lunch, continue paddling and having water fights until roughly 3 p.m. & make camp at Onion Creek, directly across from the legendary Fisher Towers (depending on campsite availability).
- Late afternoon on the first day is devoted to setting up your tent and possibly taking a short hike, relaxing, playing, or floating in the river.
- Feel free to take a bath in the river & then Happy Hour begins at 5:30 p.m. where hors d'oeuvres and wine will be served.
- Dinner is served around 7 p.m. followed by campfire activities that may include games, singing, western tall tales, or guitar playing.
- Day 2: The middle day consists of paddling 10 miles through through Ida Gulch & White’s Rapid.
- Day 3: After a hearty breakfast, you will break down camp & paddle towards Moab where the beautiful scenery begins to look like Arches National Park (located just to the north).
- You typically reach the Moab Bridge takeout between 1-2 p.m. after lunch on the last day of the trip, allowing time to return home.