Itinerary for the Upper Colorado River 1-Day Trip from Two Bridges Put-In
Here’s a sample itinerary at a glance…it may vary depending on your individual guide.
- Day 1: Meet your guide staff at 10 a.m. at the designated put-in at the Two Bridges launch site, located 28 miles northeast of Eagle, CO, and 140 miles (2.5 hr.) west of Denver, CO. Camping is not allowed at the launch site. You will pack your gear in the canoes, & run a car shuttle to the Catamount Campground takeout. You will return to the put-in & participate in the safety talk & paddle instructions before launching.
- This easy-to-paddle 10-mile stretch of the Colorado River is ideal for all skill levels. An eye-catching landscape of pine trees and multicolored sandstone formations line this pleasant section of river and features Class I flat water (Class I is very easy and Class V is very difficult). Celebrated for its great trout fishing, if you want to fish before or after your canoe trip, be sure and bring your fishing gear and a Colorado fishing license.
- While your guides are preparing lunch on the river’s edge, you might catch a glimpse of a golden eagle, deer, or coyote.
- After lunch, continue downstream and join in a few water fights or canoe games led by your guides.
- Arrival at the takeout is generally between 3-4 p.m.