White River 3-day Canoe Trips (general itinerary)
Here’s a sample itinerary at a glance…it may vary depending on your individual guide.
- Day 1: Meet your guide staff at the designated put-in at Bonanza Bridge, located 45 miles southwest of Rangely, CO. Enjoy a continental breakfast before packing your dry bags, loading the gear in the canoes, & running a car shuttle to the Enron takeout. You will return to the put-in & participate in the safety talk & paddle instructions before launching.
- Paddle downriver until approximately noon & enjoy lunch on the river’s edge, maybe catching a glimpse of eagles, beavers, deer or wild horses. Learn about some of the river’s geology & history from your guides.
- After lunch continue paddling & having water fights until roughly 3 p.m. & make camp under the many cottonwood trees that provide shade (depending on campsite availability).
- Late afternoon on the first day is devoted to setting up your tent and possibly taking a short hike, relaxing, or playing & floating in the river.
- Feel free to take a bath in the river & Happy Hour begins at 5:30 p.m. where hors d'oeuvres and wine will be served.
- Dinner is served around 7 p.m. followed by campfire activities that may include games, singing, western tall tales, or guitar playing.
- Day 2: The middle day will often be a layover day devoted to hiking the canyons, playing in the river, and/or relaxing in camp. Many times lunches will be packed for the hike where you can explore multi-million year old canyons. However, your guides may choose to move downriver on the second day. Factors that influence this decision are weather, pace of the group, campsite availability, etc.
- Day 3: After a hearty breakfast, you will paddle the remaining distance to the takeout. You typically reach the takeout between 2-4 p.m. after lunch on the last day of the trip, allowing time to return home.